Easysoft Data Access
How do I transfer an Easysoft license from one Windows machine to another?
Please read these instructions fully before attempting to transfer an Easysoft license.
If you want to run Easysoft software on your old and new machine concurrently for a short transitional period, obtain a trial license for your new machine. Easysoft trial licenses last for 14 days. If you need to use the both machines for longer than 14 days, contact the Easysoft Product Licensing team () before obtaining a trial license.
If your old machine has had a hardware failure, you cannot get the removal code necessary to complete the instructions in this article. Contact the Easysoft Product Licensing team and ask us for instructions on how to transfer a license on Windows following a hardware failure.
To transfer an Easysoft license, we need the Easysoft license removal code from your old machine and the machine number for your new machine.
Obtaining the Removal Code
- Start Easysoft License Manager on the old machine (Start > All Programs > Easysoft > Licensing > License Manager or on older versions of Windows, Start > Programs > Easysoft > Licensing > License Manager).
- Click Remove License.
- Select the license to be removed and click Next.
- You will get a warning asking if you are sure you want to delete the license key. If you are sure you selected the correct license in the previous step, click Yes, Delete.
- A license removal code will then be displayed and highlighted. Use
CTRL+C to copy the removal code and paste it into an email before you click Delete.
Obtaining the New Machine Number
- Start Easysoft License Manager on the new machine (Start > All Programs > Easysoft > Licensing > License Manager or on older versions of Windows, Start > Programs > Easysoft > Licensing > License Manager).
- Click Request License.
- Select Time Limited Trial and click Next.
You will not receive a trial license; this is a quick way to generate a new machine number.
- Select the correct Easysoft product from the list and click Next.
- Click on View Request.
The machine number is displayed in the Easysoft Data Access License Request window. The machine number format is:
Sending Your Request to Easysoft
When emailing your request to , please specify "License Transfer" in the subject line.
In the email body, send your details in the following format:
New Machine Name:
New Machine Number:
License Removal Code:
New Machine Name field is only required if you are transferring the license from more than one machine. This can be anything you use to identify which machine the new license key is going on.
If you are transferring license keys from multiple machines, please send multiple requests to ; one email for each machine. This will speed up the license transfer process.
- The Easysoft Product Licensing team will only be able to supply you with a new license key if:
- You are a fully paid supported customer.
- You provide both the new machine number and the removal code.
- The Easysoft Product Licensing team are available for license transfers and upgrades Monday–Friday from 08:30–17:30 (GMT), excluding UK public holidays.
- When issued with a new license key, you are only supported for the machine to which you have transferred the license.
- Easysoft ODBC-Oracle Driver
- Easysoft dbExpress-ODBC Gateway
- Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver
- Easysoft XML-ODBC Server
- Easysoft ODBC-JDBC Gateway
- Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge
- Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge
- Easysoft ODBC-Firebird Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-LINC Developer Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-ISAM Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Zortec System Z Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Join Engine
- Easysoft JDBC-Access Gateway
- Easysoft ODBC-DB2 Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Derby Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Salesforce Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-MongoDB Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Google-Analytics Driver
Knowledge Base Feedback